KB22

Default Document won't print correctly........

I am trying to print my wedding invites on a card that is 7 3/8 inches wide
by 5 inches high. The text is 10 lines long and is centered on the page. I am
using Dauphin 16 pt font, single spaced. I went to page set up and put in the
dimesions of my paper and set it to landscape. When I select "Print Preview"
the text looks perfectly centered on my page. However, when I tried printing
it the first time, it came out too far to the right. Then I fiddled with
somethings (not really sure what) and tried again, but this time it was
centered in the middle of the page, but it cuts out the first two lines and
starts the text right at the top of the page. What am I doing wrong?
I am using Word 2000 and I have an HP 3 in one printer (model 1350)
katin42

Not sure when your wedding date was set, but thought I'd try, and hope it's
not too late. Some printers will warn you, if your layout is missconfigured.
Some of the older ones will not run, until you correct the problem. Newer
ones will not run, without making some type of correction, to get your data
back in range. Your printer thinks it's correcting the problem. : ) It
sounds like you need to adjust your Top and Bottom margins, and center the
text, within the document itself. Save and re-save with each modification,
along the way. A 14 pt font might also be more forgiving and flexible, and
offer more space from the edge. If the document still appears to the right,
this might be by default, because the prefered setting (centered) was not
saved. If there's still time, and I missunderstood, I'll try again.
Congratulations and hope your wedding turns out well. : )