Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mbrow88 mbrow88 is offline

Default Remove white border around a color document

I have a document that is supposed to be brown. When I print, a white border
appears arround the entire document. How can I remove this white border and
get the full brown sheet?

I've removed all borders in page layout but it still appears.

Thanks
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Many printers do not print to the edge of the paper. I believe that is the
"border" you are seeing. There are several ways to get around this such as
printing on larger paper and then cutting it to size, sending the job out to
a commercial printer (who might do the same thing), or using colored or
preprinted paper.

Pam

mbrow88 wrote:
I have a document that is supposed to be brown. When I print, a white border
appears arround the entire document. How can I remove this white border and
get the full brown sheet?

I've removed all borders in page layout but it still appears.

Thanks
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mbrow88 mbrow88 is offline

It was a small border, but then I started toying with settings and somehow
made it bigger. I have no idea how I did it. Any ideas to get it back to
being a smaller border again?

mbrow88 wrote:
I have a document that is supposed to be brown. When I print, a white border
appears arround the entire document. How can I remove this white border and
get the full brown sheet?

I've removed all borders in page layout but it still appears.

Thanks
Mike

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Partly that will depend on how the document's brown color is created.

If it was done with a drawing rectangle or a text box that has a brown
fill color, then maybe all you have to do is drag the edges of the
rectangle closer to the edges of the page. The rectangle might be
anchored in the header or footer, which means you'd have to open the
header pane first so you can click on the rectangle to select it.

If the color was made by going to Format Background and selecting
the brown block, then about the only thing I can think of that might
affect the size of the white border is telling the Page Setup dialog
to use a smaller paper size than what's actually in the printer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

mbrow88 wrote:
I have a document that is supposed to be brown. When I print, a white border
appears arround the entire document. How can I remove this white border and
get the full brown sheet?

I've removed all borders in page layout but it still appears.

Thanks
Mike

.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Remove white border around a color document

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the white border around your document. Here are a few steps you can try to remove it:
  1. Check your printer settings: Sometimes, printers add a default margin around the page. To check if this is the case, go to File Print and click on Printer Properties. Look for any settings related to margins or borders and adjust them accordingly.
  2. Adjust the page size: If your document is slightly larger than the paper size you're using, it can cause a white border to appear. To adjust the page size, go to Page Layout Size and select the correct paper size.
  3. Check your document settings: It's possible that your document has a white border added to it. To check this, go to Page Layout Page Borders and make sure that there are no borders selected.
  4. Print to PDF: If none of the above steps work, you can try printing your document to a PDF file and then printing the PDF. This can sometimes help to remove any unwanted borders.

I hope these steps help you to remove the white border around your document. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with!

I get a white border when I print - how can I get rid of it? frankenface Microsoft Word Help 2 August 12th 09 12:33 PM
how do I get rid of the white around a border I inserted?? Vicki and Tim Burns Microsoft Word Help 1 February 4th 09 01:31 AM
Prints only color in a document, not the black/white John LLLIII Microsoft Word Help 22 September 30th 08 07:55 PM
White Border Denise Page Layout 1 March 1st 06 01:24 AM
White Color in Microsoft on VDU is a 'Flickering-Pink' Color. Why? Terence Microsoft Word Help 1 January 3rd 05 11:03 PM