Romain Cooper

Default HELP copying and pasting tables from one doc to another

In case replies or clarifying questions regarding the problem I posted
would be sent to my address rather than to the newsgroup, my address is
I put an "x" on my address to protect
junk messages. Thanks Romain Cooper

Dear Newsgroup,

I'm desperate with a past-due report. I am using MS Word 2003 and I'm a
new user with this version. I am creating tables in seperate documents
that I had planned to copy and paste into the report.

When I paste them in, the tables change in regard to the height of each
individual row with the rows much taller (up to down dimension) than in
the original (the font is the same size) and the amount of space needed
around the text/ numbers in the individual cells is excessive. So when
I paste in a table that originally was 3/4 of a page, the pasted table
goes over a page. Other problematic things happen like the table is
pasted on the very top of a following page rather than where I'd
positioned the insertion marker.

When I create a table directly in the report, I get a clunky table
(regrding heigth of rows) as compared to the tables I start fresh in a
"new blank document" but not as tall as the tables I paste in.

I've tried different table and grid styles w/o success. Under table
properties there's a "row" tab that allows changes in row type. This
just seems to hide the text (regardless of "vertical alignment)when I
get the row height down to what it is one the original table. Likewise,
row height adjustments made on the screen hide text.

As far as I can tell, I want row heights of about .2 inches for 12 pt
type and bit smaller (.16") for 10 point.

Hope I'm explaining this problem satisfactorily. Any help is very much
appreciated.

Thank you, Romain