Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RBlan RBlan is offline

Default Say it Ain't So - Word 2007/Vista have taken away my Color Control

From Windows 3.1 through XP I have been able to choose all the colors I must
look at while working in Word all day long. I like warm gray border elements
and maybe very low saturation blue-green title bars.

Now I have to look at that baby blue color scheme for the rest of my life
and think of baby puke as I write? Yes, color IS subjective, dontchaknow.

Really, the philosophy behind decreasing the scope of user choice and
imposing a single color scheme on everyone smacks of arrogance out of control
and beyond belief!

Yes, I turned off Aero and went back to Classic. (And I sort of liked Aero,
despite its low-visibility titles problem) Classic works for Notepad, IE,
etc. It makes no difference on others: Word will be blue, and so will
Windows Live Mail (a different blue -- go figure), and who knows what else.
No more blue screen of death, just life imprisonment, eh?

Or maybe, I'm just missing that magic control panel that allows you to make
things just the way you like them? I'm about ready to downgrade to XP, I
think. This is getting frustrating...

word 2007 and Vista docaaron New Users 1 March 22nd 08 06:40 PM
Vista Word 2007 Megan*Jane Microsoft Word Help 0 September 22nd 07 10:22 PM
widow control in Word 2007 LarryMac Microsoft Word Help 1 June 21st 07 02:13 AM
Comment balloon color in Vista? Mike Sparrow Microsoft Word Help 1 June 18th 07 11:11 AM
control over bold and color gigster99 Page Layout 4 May 10th 07 07:57 PM