Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word 2007 Word 2007 is offline

Default Save As "File Name" Existing File Drop Down Box

In Word 2007 when saving files under the file name box I used to get a drop
down box with all the file names in the folder begining with the first letter
I typed, as you continue to type the number of files in the drop down box
decreases until you are left with any file with the same name, you can then
adjust
the file name so that ther is no conflict. For some reason this option has
stopped working and it has been replaced by the old pop up box with three
options (rename, save and cancel). The drop down box is very useful and saves
time when you have large folders with similar file names. How do I get the
drop down box back?