Debbie226

Default page set up line numbering

When I set up a legal document where numbers need to be applied I usually go
to page set up. Once there I go to line numbering and borders. I use the
first number 1 then auto then 1. How can I have the numbers correspond to
the text typed on the page and have 29 lines at the same time. I finally got
to do the border after the numbers Yeah! The numbers are troubling.
Stefan Blom

There is no easy way to force a specific number of text lines on a page
in Word. The best you can do is to specify a fixed amount of line
spacing: On the Format menu, click Paragraph. Click the Indents and
Spacing tab. For Line Spacing, choose "Exactly", and specify the desired
amount in points. The value to use in order to get 29 lines per page
depends on the page format and the margin settings. For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP