Kelesh

Default How do i setup document permissions in word

Hi

I would like to save a word document such that when it is opened by another
user, he is requested a password. Furthermore when he is able to open it, he
must not be able to select any text and copy and paste it to another
document/clipboard i.e. he cannot edit the document.

KauaiDawn

The newest version of Adobe may be your answer. It cannot be copied, pasted,
etc. I know it is hard to beleive but true. The only way you could do
anything with it is to do a print screen, print it or copy the text by typing
it. Tested and proven. When you install full version Adobe you can print to
adobe an exact duplicate of the Word document. I recently received my credit
report in this format. I own full version Adobe and I still couldn't copy,
paste, etc. at all.

http://www.adobe.com/security/main.html

Hope this helps. Please check back to leave your confirmation of resolution
or let us know if this did not resolve the issue. Thank you.
--
KauaiDawn

"Kelesh" wrote:

Hi

I would like to save a word document such that when it is opened by another
user, he is requested a password. Furthermore when he is able to open it, he
must not be able to select any text and copy and paste it to another
document/clipboard i.e. he cannot edit the document.

Charles Kenyon

As Graham points out, if the user can see the document, it can be copied.
With a pencil and paper if necessary.
You can save the document with a password to open and protect it for forms
with a separate password. This second level of protection will stop a
knowledgable user from copying your document for about 30 seconds. It will
stop most users from copying.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.