Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Access Word Mail Merge help

I am using Access 2003 and Word 2003

I am successfully using mail merge with an access query as my data
source but I'm not sure how to include related records from other
tables and insert them in separate lines of the word document.

I want to include on the same page another connected table that have
multiple entries

For example:

RCA # _____________

Date: ______________

Technician's Name:_____________

Problems: Steps to complete
1. ______________ _______________
2. ______________ _______________
3. ______________ _______________

RCA#, Date and Technician are one table
Problems and Steps to Complete are connected to the other table.

Each RCA form has one or more problems.

Right now I have a form that has a print button. When I press the
print button it takes the current record and creates a table (or
overwrites it). It then through VBA opens Word with our existing form
where I have the various fields connected through the data source of
that newly created table. I then open the data source and show the
merged fields.

When I'm doing this it will only show one problem because it is a basic
join query. I need to make another query but I'm not sure what to do.

If you need any more clarification I'll be more than happy to give it
as this is complicated to explain.

Thank you,

Jason Baxter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I know exactly what you are trying to do, and if it was me, I would use a
report in Access to do it.

You are trying to perform a "multiple items per condition (=key field)"
mailmerge which Word does not really have the ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Articles

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

oups.com...