Juan

Default how remove pdfmaker icons from Word toolbar and no pdfmaker.dot ex

Windows XP machine. Adobe PDF publisher and reader 7.0 installed. Toolbar
for PDFmaker Icons are removed from Word but everytime Word is opened they
reappear. Support knowledge base says to change pdfmaker.dot file but file
does not exist on my machine. Outlook and Excel also have similar problem
but not as consistent as Word. Sometimes the PDFmaker Icons appear in
Outlook and Excel sometimes not. Always appear in Word. Have tried to
delete Icons from toolbar view by removing and reseting it but always
reappear when Word is restarted.
Ron P

"Juan" wrote in message
Windows XP machine. Adobe PDF publisher and reader 7.0 installed.
Toolbar
for PDFmaker Icons are removed from Word but everytime Word is opened they
reappear. Support knowledge base says to change pdfmaker.dot file but
file
does not exist on my machine. Outlook and Excel also have similar problem
but not as consistent as Word. Sometimes the PDFmaker Icons appear in
Outlook and Excel sometimes not. Always appear in Word. Have tried to
delete Icons from toolbar view by removing and reseting it but always
reappear when Word is restarted.

Right click in the tool bar and de-select the PDF Maker toolbar.
--

Ron P

If you are in a hole and can't get out. The first thing to do is to stop
digging!!

garfield-n-odie

Acrobat 6.0 and earlier use PDFMaker.dot to create the Acrobat toolbar in
Word, but Acrobat 7.0 uses a COM add-in. You can prevent the Acrobat 7.0
add-in from loading by editing the Windows registry key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word \Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin" and changing the "LoadBehavior" subkey value from 3 to 0.

"Juan" wrote:

Windows XP machine. Adobe PDF publisher and reader 7.0 installed. Toolbar
for PDFmaker Icons are removed from Word but everytime Word is opened they
reappear. Support knowledge base says to change pdfmaker.dot file but file
does not exist on my machine. Outlook and Excel also have similar problem
but not as consistent as Word. Sometimes the PDFmaker Icons appear in
Outlook and Excel sometimes not. Always appear in Word. Have tried to
delete Icons from toolbar view by removing and reseting it but always
reappear when Word is restarted.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
espo417 espo417 is offline

Default how remove pdfmaker icons from Word toolbar and no pdfmaker.do

Where is the Windows registry key??

"Juan" wrote:

Windows XP machine. Adobe PDF publisher and reader 7.0 installed. Toolbar
for PDFmaker Icons are removed from Word but everytime Word is opened they
reappear. Support knowledge base says to change pdfmaker.dot file but file
does not exist on my machine. Outlook and Excel also have similar problem
but not as consistent as Word. Sometimes the PDFmaker Icons appear in
Outlook and Excel sometimes not. Always appear in Word. Have tried to
delete Icons from toolbar view by removing and reseting it but always
reappear when Word is restarted.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In the registry at the address quoted - see
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm