Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
zombeese

Default My Email Mail Merge Does Not Work

I can not get my email mail merge to work and need help trouble shooting the
problem.

I have an Access database with contains Customer Names, Customer Emails, and
the Date their warranty expires. My company wants to send all the customers
whose warranty expires today an email, notifing them of such.

I wrote a query in Access with this info. I also wrote a Word document to do
the mail merge. In word I clicked on letters and mailings, then mail merge.
I followed all 6 steps for the mail merge. The first time I did this, I
worked fine. All of the emails appeared in my Outlook sent folders file.
OUtlook is my default emailer.

The next day, I changed the query to reflect the new date. I ran the email
in word again. it didn't work. I followed all 6 Mail Merge steps in Word. The
email did not go out. The information from Access did appear in word. I did
not receive any error messages.

I tried created a new email mail merge. The new emails did not go out.
I ran an email mail merge from contacts in Outlook, that did work. However,
this is not feasible to do on a daily basis, since the recipants will changes.

The problem appears to be that something is blocking word from sending
emails.
I need help trouble shooting this. I am running word 2003 11.564.5603.

My boss is not a computer person, and doesn't understand why MICROSOFT WORD
cannot function with MICROSOFT Outlook. Please help. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Email mail merge Headache zombeese Mailmerge 5 May 20th 06 12:39 AM
Word 2002 mail merge using deleted/random/non-default Outlook email account [email protected] New Users 0 November 14th 05 07:11 PM
Mail Merge To Email Stretch Mailmerge 1 November 2nd 05 12:12 PM
Email Mail Merge problem sally r via OfficeKB.com Mailmerge 3 September 13th 05 06:37 AM
Change the email that a mail merge is sent from sketch New Users 3 April 28th 05 02:50 PM