Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Templates

Hi

I'm trying to design a template and am a bit stuck, on the left hand side of
the page I have inserted a field for the user to fill in, on the same line
over to the right hand side I have done the same.

when the user fills in left field...how do I stop the right field from
moving, I thought protecting the document would be enough, obviously not.

Any ideas?

Thanks once again

Bryan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jules[_3_] Jules[_3_] is offline

Hi Bryan,
If your fields are on the same line put in a 2 column table and place 1
field per column. The table will expand and hold each field 1 left/1 right.
You can manipulate the cell placement and column widths of your table row
and of course don't use a border on the 1 row 2 column table.

To protect a document just means the user can only fill in the fields (in
this instance) you have inserted or any unprotected areas of the protected
form - nothing to do with form layout or styles.