Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
travelcaz travelcaz is offline

Default How do I retain shortcuts in protected form (eg. alt-shift-left)?

Standard shortcut keys like alt-shift-left (for OutlinePromote) stop working
when the document is protected for filling in forms. How can I get around
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

The purpose of locking up a form is so that the ONLY modifications
that can be done to the document is within the form fields. So nothing
can be done to the boilerplate text and many features are not
available within form fields.

Are you trying to promote text within a form field or within the
locked boilerplate? If you need to modify the boilerplate text, you'd
have to add a section and unprotect that area. If within a form field,
I don't know of any way to get around features that are not permitted
to be used within a form field...such as outline changes???

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified, Editor/TechTrax

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:13:01 -0700, travelcaz
wrote:

Standard shortcut keys like alt-shift-left (for OutlinePromote) stop working
when the document is protected for filling in forms. How can I get around
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
travelcaz travelcaz is offline

Default How do I retain shortcuts in protected form (eg. alt-shift-lef

The document has a protected section (locked for filling in forms) and an
uprotected section for free text. Shortcut keys that previously worked will
no longer work in the unprotected section.

International Keyboard mike New Users 2 January 23rd 06 12:41 AM
Spellchecking Locked Bookmarked FormFields Results in LOSS of Book jarimura Microsoft Word Help 15 December 20th 05 05:53 AM
AutoNew Macro in protected form Helen B Microsoft Word Help 1 December 8th 05 06:56 PM
Form Fields in a Protected Document The American Bear Microsoft Word Help 1 August 9th 05 06:49 PM
When joining tables, table sections shift left or right. JEB01 Tables 1 January 17th 05 07:57 PM