Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MDales MDales is offline

Default combining redlined documents

I have two documents that are different versions of the same document (let's
say Doc A and Doc B). Both have redlined changes. What I want to do is copy
and paste a big section Doc A into Doc B, but I want only the original
redlined changes to Doc A to show up, instead of the whole thing showing as
an insertion. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Oct 9, 12:33 pm, MDales wrote:
I have two documents that are different versions of the same document (let's
say Doc A and Doc B). Both have redlined changes. What I want to do is copy
and paste a big section Doc A into Doc B, but I want only the original
redlined changes to Doc A to show up, instead of the whole thing showing as
an insertion. Is this possible?

Yes.

Turn OFF Track Changes in Doc B, plop Doc A into it, and Doc B will
never know what happened. And all the changes in Doc A will show up in
their new home. (But their colors will be different if the User Names
used in the two docs are different.)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MDales MDales is offline

But if you do this will all the changes be permanent if you turn track
changes on again? or can you continue will all the changes still redlined and
struckout?

"grammatim" wrote:

On Oct 9, 12:33 pm, MDales wrote:
I have two documents that are different versions of the same document (let's
say Doc A and Doc B). Both have redlined changes. What I want to do is copy
and paste a big section Doc A into Doc B, but I want only the original
redlined changes to Doc A to show up, instead of the whole thing showing as
an insertion. Is this possible?

Yes.

Turn OFF Track Changes in Doc B, plop Doc A into it, and Doc B will
never know what happened. And all the changes in Doc A will show up in
their new home. (But their colors will be different if the User Names
used in the two docs are different.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

All is well, and all is well, and all shall be well. If you don't
believe me, try it with one paragraph, and you'll see!

(Turning Track Changes off and on has no effect on your changes. To do
that, you have to either Accept or Reject them.)