Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean Gaudreau Jean Gaudreau is offline

Default Restrict formatting and Editing in Word 2007

We are in a 2003 domain, some users wants to protect a document in Word 2007
with the option "Restrict Formatting and Editing".

We enable the option "Allow only this type of editing in the document"
and click on "More users..."

We then enter a username but we get this error:
"Some of the users you have entered could not be added to the list becuase
their names could not be verified"

Anyone have an idea why this message appear?

We have another group of people on another network that use this feature,
and it works well. No problem at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Jean,

We are in a 2003 domain, some users wants to protect a document in Word 2007
with the option "Restrict Formatting and Editing".

We enable the option "Allow only this type of editing in the document"
and click on "More users..."

We then enter a username but we get this error:
"Some of the users you have entered could not be added to the list becuase
their names could not be verified"

Anyone have an idea why this message appear?

We have another group of people on another network that use this feature,
and it works well. No problem at all.

This feature relies on Active Directory for providing the list of names. Does
this other network and its users have the necessary access to Active Directory?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean Gaudreau[_2_] Jean Gaudreau[_2_] is offline

Hello Cindy,

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi Jean,

We are in a 2003 domain, some users wants to protect a document in Word 2007
with the option "Restrict Formatting and Editing".

We enable the option "Allow only this type of editing in the document"
and click on "More users..."

We then enter a username but we get this error:
"Some of the users you have entered could not be added to the list becuase
their names could not be verified"

Anyone have an idea why this message appear?

We have another group of people on another network that use this feature,
and it works well. No problem at all.

This feature relies on Active Directory for providing the list of names. Does
this other network and its users have the necessary access to Active Directory?

What type of permission is required on the AD for the users for this to work?

I'm guessing something has changed on the faulty network.

Jean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Jean,

What type of permission is required on the AD for the users for this to work?

I'm afraid I haven't a clue - I feel lucky to know even that much :-) You could
try looking up Office Information Rights Management in the Knowledge Base and
in TechNet (and maybe the Office SDK). I imagine there's something in the
documentation, somewhere, that goes into that kind of technical detail.