MightyMissSarah

Default insert same number on each page referencing project name?

I am creating (several) sets of 4x6" flash cards, and I need to put a number
in a corner of each card- referencing the chapter that the card pertains to.
What would be the simplest way to do that, without having to go through a ton
of hoops?
Margaret Aldis

If the flash cards are part of the chapter, and if you have used as style
(for example, Heading 1) you can use a StyleRef field in the page header to
pick up the last chapter number. There are full details in the Help for
StyleRef.

If the flashcards refer to different chapter numbers, you could use a cross
reference. Insert Reference Cross Reference, and select the type of
reference, format, and the chapter you are referencing. To make it easier to
enter, set up an AutoText for each chapter reference.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"MightyMissSarah" wrote in
message ...
I am creating (several) sets of 4x6" flash cards, and I need to put a
number
in a corner of each card- referencing the chapter that the card pertains
to.
What would be the simplest way to do that, without having to go through a
ton
of hoops?

MightyMissSarah

I was able to figure it out by playing with the headers. Thank you anyway!

Page Number funnybroad Page Layout 4 March 3rd 05 08:58 AM
Page Number and Page header on the first page Frank Drost Formatting Long Documents 3 March 1st 05 03:17 PM
Help! Insert Page Number is Ghosted Out Chad Harris New Users 5 February 23rd 05 09:15 PM
When insert page number is clicked, the number inserted at page 1. inbetween Page Layout 1 February 19th 05 08:07 AM
FIrst page footers Noel S Pamfree Microsoft Word Help 7 December 6th 04 09:49 PM