Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Norma Jeanie

Default How do I create a table of content that's linked to page numbers

Please help me create a table of contents where the page numbers are linked
to it. If I make changes to the table of content it will automatically
update the page numbers.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you are creating a TOC using Word's Insert | Reference | Index and Tables
feature (see http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html), the page
numbers are already hyperlinked in all versions. By default, the entire TOC
entry is hyperlinked in Word 2000 and above. The page numbers (and links)
are updated when you update the TOC field.

"Norma Jeanie" Norma wrote in message
Please help me create a table of contents where the page numbers are

linked
to it. If I make changes to the table of content it will automatically
update the page numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve Hayes

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:27:03 -0800, Norma Jeanie Norma
wrote:

Please help me create a table of contents where the page numbers are linked
to it. If I make changes to the table of content it will automatically
update the page numbers.

You do it the other way round... when you change the page numbers the table of
contents is updated.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/stevesig.htm