BigB

Default Problem with Courier Font

I'm really desperate. For some reason my Courier Font dissapeared from Word
2003 and that's the only one I need! I have New Courier but there's a major
difference between that and Courier. For a 130 pg document like I have we;re
talking over 15pgs.

Courier is not in the drop down menu and it says it hasn't been installed!
This is BS cos I used to use it all the time. I don't know what happened. Can
anybody help me with this. HELP
garfield-n-odie

Microsoft never included Courier with any of its products.
Microsoft always used Courier New. If you had Courier installed
on your computer, then you got it as part of some other program
(maybe something from Adobe or Corel).

BigB wrote:

I'm really desperate. For some reason my Courier Font dissapeared from Word
2003 and that's the only one I need! I have New Courier but there's a major
difference between that and Courier. For a 130 pg document like I have we;re
talking over 15pgs.

Courier is not in the drop down menu and it says it hasn't been installed!
This is BS cos I used to use it all the time. I don't know what happened. Can
anybody help me with this. HELP

BigB

I don't know how it got there i just know I had it and now I don't. I don't
have anything from Corel so it's probably Corel. Do you know how I can get
this courier font back? I have even spent a lot of time looking for courier
font to download but not luck..

BigB wrote:

I'm really desperate. For some reason my Courier Font dissapeared from Word
2003 and that's the only one I need! I have New Courier but there's a major
difference between that and Courier. For a 130 pg document like I have we;re
talking over 15pgs.

Courier is not in the drop down menu and it says it hasn't been installed!
This is BS cos I used to use it all the time. I don't know what happened. Can
anybody help me with this. HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thomas M

If you're using a laser printer:

1) Find and download a PostScript driver for your printer
2) Add a new printer to your system
3) When asked to specify the printer, select the PostScript driver
a) Example: HP LaserJet 4100 Series PS
4) Name the printer something distinctive, like "HP LaserJet 4100
Courier"
5) Open Word, go to File Print and change the printer to the new
"Courier" printer

Word should now show you the font in the drop-down font list. As was
mentioned by another poster, Courier is a screen font that Word cannot use.
However, if the printer supports Courier (with the correct driver
installed), then it will show up as an option on the font list.

--Tom