Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jamie Bull Jamie Bull is offline
Junior Member

Default Lost Cross-Reference dialog box

I was trying to record a macro to open the Insert Cross reference dialog box (before realising that setting a custom keyboard shortcut was a better approach to take). Somehow I've managed to set things up so that when I click the button on the Ribbon (either via ReferencesCaptionsCross-reference or via InsertLinksCross-reference), or when I use the Altetc.etc. keyboard shortcuts, the paragraph number of the first section is added without bringing up the dialog box.

Is there a way of resetting this to normal behaviour?

In case it's relevant, this is the macro as recorded.

Code:
Sub InsertCrossReference()
'
' InsertCrossReference Macro
'
    Selection.InsertCrossReference ReferenceType:="Numbered item", _
        ReferenceKind:=wdNumberRelativeContext, ReferenceItem:="1", _
        InsertAsHyperlink:=True, IncludePosition:=False, SeparateNumbers:=False, _
        SeparatorString:=" "
End Sub
Thanks in advance.