Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Kendall Steve Kendall is offline

Default Word 2007 re-installs everytime I launch it

Everytime I click on Word or any other Office 2007 product it launches the
Office 2007 Enterprise Installer and goes back through the install (sometimes
it takes up to 10 minutes). If I close and app and reopen without rebooting
the machine it runs the install.

First I tried to do a repair with no luck. Then I uninstalled office 2007,
renamed the shared directory and re-installed. Same problem.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate with Office 2007 Enterprise Edition. As
I said this happens on all Office 2007 products.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Sounds like you might have leftover installation files on Windows. Go to
www.microsoft.com and search for the Installer Cleanup Utility. Remove files
only for the program you are having problems with and see if that doesn't do
it.
--
Paul

MS Office Pro 2003
XP Home
Dell Inspiron 1501

"Steve Kendall" wrote:

Everytime I click on Word or any other Office 2007 product it launches the
Office 2007 Enterprise Installer and goes back through the install (sometimes
it takes up to 10 minutes). If I close and app and reopen without rebooting
the machine it runs the install.

First I tried to do a repair with no luck. Then I uninstalled office 2007,
renamed the shared directory and re-installed. Same problem.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate with Office 2007 Enterprise Edition. As
I said this happens on all Office 2007 products.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Kendall[_2_] Steve Kendall[_2_] is offline

Thank you for the reply. I downloaded and installed the program but there is
a warning in it not to use the program on any Office 2007 products as they
will then become unstable.

If anyone has any other thoughts they will be greatly appreciated.

I also noticed I am having the same problem with Adobe Acrobat CS3. I am
wondering if there is a Vista system file that is corrupted causing this.

"Steve Kendall" wrote:

Everytime I click on Word or any other Office 2007 product it launches the
Office 2007 Enterprise Installer and goes back through the install (sometimes
it takes up to 10 minutes). If I close and app and reopen without rebooting
the machine it runs the install.

First I tried to do a repair with no luck. Then I uninstalled office 2007,
renamed the shared directory and re-installed. Same problem.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate with Office 2007 Enterprise Edition. As
I said this happens on all Office 2007 products.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

In that case, the only thing I can think of is to do a repair installation--I
know you said you already did--but IIRC when you install Office, it does give
you an option at the end, to delete the installation files, doesn't it?
Unless I'm mistaken, the default is to retain them, but you are allowed to
delete them--I just reinstalled Office 2K3 and I could have sworn that that
option was there. You might go through a repair install again and see if you
can get that option at the end, and then go ahead and NOT have Windows retain
those installation files. That might do it; on the other hand, if you did get
the warning not to do it with 2K7, then they very well might not give you
this option.
--
Paul

MS Office Pro 2003