Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Blackwater Park

Default Corrupted graphics filters?

I have already imported lots of .tif files and Photoshop pictures (.psd)
into various documents, including a couple of tifs into the document I'm
currently working on. However now my copy of Word 2001 for the Mac (I'm
using system 9.1) refuses to import tifs any more, just saying that the
file cannot be recognised by any installed graphics filter (even though
tif still appears as one of the possible files to import in the drop
down menu).

Has my graphics filter become corrupted in some way, and if so, what
can I do with it? Is there anything I can do other than reinstalling
it?

Depressingly this has now happened on both my home and work Macs,
meaning that I'm unable to import tifs at all until I sort it out.

--
Blackwater Park
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

There are lots of flavours of TIF including multipage TIFs some of which the
filter cannot handle. Are you able to insert a TIF file that you have
inserted previously? If so it is likely that you are now trying to insert an
incomptible form of TIF. Try saving it from Photoshop uncompressed, or use a
different file format.

Blackwater Park wrote:
I have already imported lots of .tif files and Photoshop pictures
(.psd) into various documents, including a couple of tifs into the
document I'm currently working on. However now my copy of Word 2001
for the Mac (I'm using system 9.1) refuses to import tifs any more,
just saying that the file cannot be recognised by any installed
graphics filter (even though tif still appears as one of the possible
files to import in the drop down menu).

Has my graphics filter become corrupted in some way, and if so, what
can I do with it? Is there anything I can do other than reinstalling
it?

Depressingly this has now happened on both my home and work Macs,
meaning that I'm unable to import tifs at all until I sort it out.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Blackwater Park

Blackwater Park wrote:
I have already imported lots of .tif files and Photoshop pictures
(.psd) into various documents, including a couple of tifs into the
document I'm currently working on. However now my copy of Word 2001
for the Mac (I'm using system 9.1) refuses to import tifs any more,
just saying that the file cannot be recognised by any installed
graphics filter (even though tif still appears as one of the possible
files to import in the drop down menu).

Has my graphics filter become corrupted in some way, and if so, what
can I do with it? Is there anything I can do other than reinstalling
it?

Depressingly this has now happened on both my home and work Macs,
meaning that I'm unable to import tifs at all until I sort it out.

Thanks for the reply.

I can now only assume this was some sort of memory problem since both
my Macs now seem to have magically rediscovered the ability to import
tif files into Word without any difficulty; problem solved, at least
temporarily.

--
Blackwater Park