Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Running Man The Running Man is offline

Default Why does word load so slow when I switch windows?

When I switch windows within word, the program loads for 10 seconds before it
lets me work. I don't remember it doing this when I first got the program.
Any suggestions would be great!
--
Thanks,

Ben
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

There are a number of variables that could be involved in various
combinations, but with no more info than you provide it's impossible to tell
which may be involved in your case. You make no mention of which version of
the program, which version of Windows, what size documents, detail about
their content, the system you're running it on or anything else that might
help someone point you in the right direction.

In general, though, programs don't simply wear out (slow down) with age.
Their behavior is dictated by the hardware on which they operate, and that
*does* deteriorate and /or get outdistanced over time. When did you last
defragment your hard drive? How much RAM do you have in your system? What
has changed about your computer configuration & software that might
contribute to Word not being able to work as fast as it once did - keeping
in mind that the OS is really what's responsible for swapping the windows.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/31/07 12:06 AM, in article
, "The Running Man"
wrote:

When I switch windows within word, the program loads for 10 seconds before it
lets me work. I don't remember it doing this when I first got the program.
Any suggestions would be great!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Running Man The Running Man is offline

Sorry,
Looking back, it all started when I switched from my 60 day trial to the
full version. I'm on vista premium, I have 2 gig of ram, plenty of Hard
drive space, a GMA 950, and a very fast processor (I'm at work and can't
remember the number).

Now, I did change the download to give me some of the extras for word that
aren't in the automatic download, ie. Japanese capability, and other stuff.
If that is what is causing this to be slower, is there a way to turn off
those extras?
--
Thanks,

Ben