Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Spencer John Spencer is offline

Default Repeating Title Line from First Page in Header of Following Pages

What I would like to do is have a title line in a memorandum on page 1 and
have that Title line apperar in the header of all the subsequent pages.

Something like

Stocks are Available

Then in the header of the following pages I would see
Stocks are Up Page 2

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Spencer John Spencer is offline

Whoops

That should have read Stocks are Available in the header not "Stocks are
up".

--

"John Spencer" wrote in message
What I would like to do is have a title line in a memorandum on page 1 and
have that Title line apperar in the header of all the subsequent pages.

Something like

Stocks are Available

Then in the header of the following pages I would see
Stocks are Up Page 2

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
University of Maryland Baltimore County
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

John Spencer wrote:
What I would like to do is have a title line in a memorandum on page
1 and have that Title line apperar in the header of all the
subsequent pages.
Something like

Stocks are Available

Then in the header of the following pages I would see
Stocks are Up Page 2

Apply a style to that title that you don't use elsewhere. In the header,
insert a StyleRef field that refers to the title's style. Follow that with
two tabs, the word "Page", and a Page field.

Then, in File Page Setup Layout, check the box for "Different first
page". There will be no header on page 1, and the title and page number will
appear at the left and right margins, respectively, of all following pages.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Henk57[_192_] Henk57[_192_] is offline

John Spencer;2635262 Wrote:
Whoops

That should have read Stocks are Available in the header not "Stocks
are
up".

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
University of Maryland Baltimore County
..

"John Spencer" wrote in message
...-
What I would like to do is have a title line in a memorandum on page 1
and
have that Title line apperar in the header of all the subsequent
pages.

Something like

Stocks are Available

Then in the header of the following pages I would see
Stocks are Up Page 2

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
University of Maryland Baltimore County
.

-

If it is just one title (the memo title or document title), fill out
the Title in File/Properties [Summary tab]. Pick it up in the header
by the DocProperty field, selecting the Title property.
You can also use headings of your memo to display in the header, using
the StyleRef field. For instance, if you have a paragraph Stocks are
Available (Heading 1 style) and a few pages away Stocks are Up (also a
heading 1 style) [sorry, I cldnt resist :-)] you can put the StyleRef
field assigned to Heading 1 in the heaedr. The moment Word detects the
next Heading 1 style it will display this in the header.

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Spencer John Spencer is offline

Dang, I left out on important detail. This memo is being set up as a
template. I will try your suggestion and see if this works. Thanks for the
advice.

--

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
John Spencer wrote:
[...]

so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What you might want to do is insert MacroButton NoMacro fields (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm) for titles and
headings. If the appropriate style (paragraph or character) is applied to
the MacroButton field, it will still be applied to whatever text is typed
into it, so the StyleRef fields will work perfectly. I use this technique in
some of my templates.

John Spencer wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Spencer John Spencer is offline

It seems to be working.

Thanks for the advice - I am now a hero to our editor even though I showed
her where I got the answer.