Ry

Default delays when shifting between documents in Word

I have begun to notice 3-5 sec delays in shifting between documents in
Word, even empty doc's. I am finally using 3 different spyware
systems, including Spybot, Adaware and the Microsoft version,and keep
sweeping the system, but it doesnt seem to do any good. WHen I check
Task Manager, the CPU usage goes up to 100% at each shift.

I dont think disk thrashing has anything to do with it and have
recently defragged anyway.

Anyone have any ideas?

Anne Troy

Troubleshooting Word:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Ry" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have begun to notice 3-5 sec delays in shifting between documents in
Word, even empty doc's. I am finally using 3 different spyware
systems, including Spybot, Adaware and the Microsoft version,and keep
sweeping the system, but it doesnt seem to do any good. WHen I check
Task Manager, the CPU usage goes up to 100% at each shift.

I dont think disk thrashing has anything to do with it and have
recently defragged anyway.

Anyone have any ideas?

If you're using Norton AntiVirus, be sure to disable the Office Plug-in. I'm
not sure how much good this will do, though, as I notice the same thing, and
I think it may actually be caused by all the spyware sweepers and the like.
Too much security!

"Ry" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have begun to notice 3-5 sec delays in shifting between documents in
Word, even empty doc's. I am finally using 3 different spyware
systems, including Spybot, Adaware and the Microsoft version,and keep
sweeping the system, but it doesnt seem to do any good. WHen I check
Task Manager, the CPU usage goes up to 100% at each shift.

I dont think disk thrashing has anything to do with it and have
recently defragged anyway.

Anyone have any ideas?

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Such delays can also be a sign that computer memory is malfunctioning. Many
users have the memory check disabled when booting up -- to save time. If you
do, you might turn that diagnostic back on to see if you have a memory
issue.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you're using Norton AntiVirus, be sure to disable the Office Plug-in.
I'm
not sure how much good this will do, though, as I notice the same thing,
and
I think it may actually be caused by all the spyware sweepers and the
like.
Too much security!

so
all may benefit.