Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luke Thompson Luke Thompson is offline

Default Word 2003: White Space After Footnotes?

Hello,
My current document is rife with cross-references/footnotes/captions.
Everything works pretty well, until I noticed an issue today. My
footnotes aren't ending right above the titleblock (footer) any more.
It appears that there is a carriage return, or After: 12 pts after the
last footnote. I've changed my Normal style from After: 6 pts to
After: 0 pts, and there was no change.

Copying and pasting my whole document into the original template file
does correct this issue, but then I lose all of the styles that would
be very time-prohibitive to restore.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Did you at any time enable a Footnote Continuation Notice? I don't know
whether the bug still exists, but in some much earlier version, my
experience was that if you ever enabled it and then changed your mind, Word
left room for it thereafter anyway.

"Luke Thompson" wrote in message
Hello,
My current document is rife with cross-references/footnotes/captions.
Everything works pretty well, until I noticed an issue today. My
footnotes aren't ending right above the titleblock (footer) any more.
It appears that there is a carriage return, or After: 12 pts after the
last footnote. I've changed my Normal style from After: 6 pts to
After: 0 pts, and there was no change.

Copying and pasting my whole document into the original template file
does correct this issue, but then I lose all of the styles that would
be very time-prohibitive to restore.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luke Thompson Luke Thompson is offline

No, no Footnote Continuations that I know of. Most of my footnotes
are quite short, 2 lines is about the longest they get, so I haven't
had any troubles with keeping them on their appropriate page.

-Luke

On Mar 14, 4:47*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
[...]

Thanks in advance,- Hide quoted text -