Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Simon Simon is offline

Default mailmerge from exce, group rows onto same document.

Hi,

I need to mailmerge from Excel. Currently the data is in row, however all
rows that contain the same address I need to print on the same word
document.

For example the source is as follows:

Street City Model Code
Main Street Birmingham B1 12345
Main Street Birmingham B1 12455
Main Street Birmingham B 1 12456
Bristol Road Bilston C1 12336
Pershore Road Cradley C1 12223
Portland Place Manchester C3 61233
Portland Place Manchester C4 61234

I therefore need to print 4 seperate documents as follows:

1) Main Street - Listing the 3 entrys.
2) Bristol Road - Listing the 1 entry
3) Pershore Road - Listing the 1 entry
4) Portland Place Listing the 2 entrys

How can this be acheived?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on
fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

mailmerge document Wayne Mailmerge 3 December 28th 06 06:22 PM
How to Close original Document after executing MailMerge. Don Mailmerge 1 January 14th 06 08:15 AM
Programmatically inserting mailmerge fields into a document [email protected] Mailmerge 0 October 20th 05 06:44 PM
Protect mailmerge document BillM Mailmerge 1 June 9th 05 12:58 PM
How to mailmerge formatted text from a Exel to Word document? islander Mailmerge 2 May 24th 05 03:57 PM