Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJRedick JJRedick is offline

Default Skip Record If

I have a question about "Skip Record If" under "Insert Word Field." If I was
multiple records skipped and one time, do I need to put in multiple "Skip
Record Ifs"? I initially just inserted multiple items in "compare to" but
only the first thing listed was working...like it disregarding all my other
"compare to's. When I put in my "compare to's" I did them one time using
commas to separate each item (didn't work) and another time typing in 'or'
between each (didn't work either). If anybody can give me a better
understanding of this tool, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

SkipIf fields are normally used at the start of a letter or directory merge
to skip records if certain criteria are not met.
However I have a nasty feeling that you are attempting to do something
like - How to use mail merge to create a list sorted by category in Word
2002 - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294686

JJRedick wrote:
I have a question about "Skip Record If" under "Insert Word Field."
If I was multiple records skipped and one time, do I need to put in
multiple "Skip Record Ifs"? I initially just inserted multiple items
in "compare to" but only the first thing listed was working...like it
disregarding all my other "compare to's. When I put in my "compare
to's" I did them one time using commas to separate each item (didn't
work) and another time typing in 'or' between each (didn't work
either). If anybody can give me a better understanding of this tool,
I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

mailmerge. end merge or skip record when quantity is 0 Simon Mailmerge 1 January 11th 07 03:12 PM
Skip Record If? B Mailmerge 8 May 31st 06 04:17 PM
Skip Record if Comparison of Several Fields Fails Nick Mailmerge 9 February 14th 06 09:39 PM
Why does Label Mail Merge skip first record on subsequent pages George Mailmerge 3 January 6th 06 04:59 AM
Mailmerging graphics only works on first record - how can I get Word to print a new graphic for each record? Graham Mayor Mailmerge 3 May 13th 05 08:00 PM