Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Disselhorst Disselhorst is offline

Default how do I get page breaks to show in draft view?

I can't get page breaks to show up in draft view in Word 2007. Section
breaks show, but not hard or soft page breaks. This is a major
inconvienience, as draft view gives me a larger view of my document. I can
get them to show if you allow all formatting marks to be viewed, but that
clutters up the document too much.

Any help anyone can give would be appreciated

Disselhorst

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
djprius djprius is offline

I had the same issue. Here's what I've done (in Word 2007):

1. Use Print Layout View
2. Set 'zoom' to 'text width' (which can be put on the QAT for
easy access
3. You can choose to hide the footnotes/headers and white space at
the top and bottom of the page -- or not -- as you choose.

The above gets as much on the page as Draft View and lets one see
where all pages break -- regardless whether soft or hard page or section
(page )break.

David

Disselhorst wrote:
I can't get page breaks to show up in draft view in Word 2007. Section
breaks show, but not hard or soft page breaks. This is a major
inconvienience, as draft view gives me a larger view of my document. I can
get them to show if you allow all formatting marks to be viewed, but that
clutters up the document too much.

Any help anyone can give would be appreciated

Disselhorst

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

They will display if you turn on your Formatting Marks (nonprinting
characters). On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click ¶ to turn them
on/off.

Also, I'm not sure if you ever tried suppressing the white space in Print
Layout view but ever since this feature was introduced I no longer use Draft
View regularly. For this, place your mouse point between two pages, or at
the top of first page, and when the mouse pointer changes, double-click to
suppress the white space. Reverse the process to redisplay it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Disselhorst" wrote in message
I can't get page breaks to show up in draft view in Word 2007. Section
breaks show, but not hard or soft page breaks. This is a major
inconvienience, as draft view gives me a larger view of my document. I
can
get them to show if you allow all formatting marks to be viewed, but that
clutters up the document too much.

Any help anyone can give would be appreciated

Disselhorst

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In draft view, page breaks are controlled by the display of Spaces (between
words) [Office - Word Options - Display - Spaces]. So, the minimum display
you can have and still display page breaks is only spaces checked. That's
less cluttered than everything, but might be more than you want.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible