Nicole

Default 2nd Table of Contents

I know that I can insert a second Table of Contents within the same document.

However, I saw in one document that the second Table of Contents only showed
the headings of that section. So in the first section I can see the complete
Table of Contents e.g.

1.
1.1
2.
2.1
3.
3.1 etc.

In the second section I only see

2.
2.1
2.1.1
2.2
2.2.1
etc.

Is there a special trick how to achieve this? My suspicion is that the
author has deleted all other parts of the second Table of Contents except
2.1..., however, it is very annoying every time I update the table as I get
the whole list again.

Any ideas?

Regards

Nicole

Jay Freedman

Hi Nicole,

Insert a bookmark to enclose each section, and then use the \b switch in the
corresponding TOC field to limit it to that bookmark. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Nicole wrote:
[...]

Charles Kenyon

http://addbalance.com/usersguide/complex_documents.htm

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm

In particular, see "partial table of contents" in the second linked article.
You would be using the \b switch, having bookmarked your particular section
with a bookmark name.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.