Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DEAN DEAN is offline

Default Cut/Paste MSWord text to web adds line spacings

I use many quick edits of text-heading-to-web via MSWord. When I when I paste
the text into html email/documents/forms I get huge amounts of ADDED line
spacing that cannot be deleted. The only way I am able to REMOVE the
mysterious spacing is to 1) open NOTEPAD and 2) PASTE the MSWord into notepad
and 3) THEN COPY from notepad and 4) PASTE into the web email/form/document.
Why does MSWord have such strangely incompatible defaults? How can I
terminate this behavior - forever? I'd strongly suggest that all future
releases of MSWord have their 'out-of-the-box' defaults set to mimic the
behavior of '1950's Typewriter' with all zero bells and whistles set to
'off'. Maybe you can throw up quick buttons for different feature sets. But
single space should always be single space no matter what I do with text
originating from MSWord.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DEAN DEAN is offline

Touche' - but I still need to address a fix to why the MSWord single-space is
not converting to HTML single-space. I am using the MSWord version that was
part of the MSOffice 2003 from adding line spacing when pasting into HTML
type documents, forms and email? I have checked the other issuses of format
in PARAGRAPHLINE SPACING and that is not my problem (BEFORE and AFTER are
both properly set to '0").