Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurence peddle

Default incomplete punctuation mark

Windows XP. Word 2002. Also, ViewSonic 19 inch TFT monitor.All new.
I've noticed with this new pc that there is something wrong with the
possessive apostrophe, which doubles as a single quotation mark, and with the
double quotation marks. Although they look ok on the screen, including in
print preview mode, they print with the tails missing, so that they look
really odd, especially when it's a double quotation mark.It's the same
printer as with the old pc, which didn't give me the same problem.
Can anyone explain to me the source of the problem? Is it the printer or
keyboard? Is it software or hardware? What can I do to rectify it?
Answers greatly appreciated.
Laurence