Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
john galt

Default how do I print a postscript file? My printer is an HP psc 2110

I generated a graph with GNUPLOT but it refuses to print on paper.
I did, however succeed in making a ----.ps file but I do not know how to print
it with windows XP.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hello John

john galt wrote:
I generated a graph with GNUPLOT but it refuses to print on paper.
I did, however succeed in making a ----.ps file but I do not know how to print
it with windows XP.

_If and only if_ your printer is a PostScript driver, then -- you can
send the file directly to it. If not, you need a software to interpret
the PostScript (I think Ghostview/-script can do that).

Try using google.com, look in, say, comp.text.ps via groups.google.com,
etc. -- IOW, not in a group for Word (because it knows nothing about PS).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
john galt

Many thanks for your reply. I did not find anything using "google groups" but
I did find a site which let me download GHOSTVIEW. I have now printed two
plots on paper. It appears to be just what I wanted. Thanks again!

Cheers