How do I change the date format to a long date after merging it

Old October 30th 05, 07:42 PM
Marisa

Default How do I change the date format to a long date after merging it

I have an Excel spreadsheet which I use for date input, I then import this
into Access database. Now I am trying to merge certain query info into a Word
document. However, the date format comes in as the US type (mm/dd/yyyy). I
have checked that it is in long date format in both Excel and Access but it
still displays incorrectly when I insert the merged field. Is there a way to
get the date to display as long format (30 October 2005 instead of
10/30/2005)?
Old October 30th 05, 09:59 PM
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

and

See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the "Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.