Change date format for Comments and display date in balloons

Old January 25th 06, 06:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Change date format for Comments and display date in balloons

All my documents are set to English (UK).
Is there a way to change the format of the comment date? Mine currently
shows MM/DD/YYYY. I want to show DD/MM/YYYY.

Secondly, can I display the date in the balloons? (next to Commenter's name)
Old January 25th 06, 11:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your documents may be set to UK English but your Windows version isn't. The
date shown is the Windows short date format which is configured in control
panel regional settings.

As for the date in the balloons, I suspect not, though I stand to be
corrected by those who make more use of this function.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old January 25th 06, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks, Graham, for your response.
I just checked Regional Options in Control Panel and English (UK) was
already selected under the "Regional Options" tab. My default Input Language
("Language" tab Details) is English (US) though. But I believe input
language only affects the keyboard layout, right?

I am using Windows XP Professional.

Old January 26th 06, 07:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hmmm. The plot thickens
It is clearly a language issue, but I am now no longer certain where to
change it. I don't have a US language set on my PC's language settings and
the only thing that affects this date is the short date setting, so I have
run out of ideas.

Old January 26th 06, 09:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I am saying just that. My PC is setup for UK language and I get whatever I
have set as the short date format in Windows regional settings. I have
removed the US language from regional settings. I have Greek there (as I
live in a country where Greek is the native language), but that shouldn't
affect the issue.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Melissa wrote:
Are you saying that you use UK too and the date displayed for your
Comments are dd/mm/yyyy?
I'm just wondering if mm/dd/yyyy is the default used by Microsoft and
that can't be changed...

Old January 26th 06, 04:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi =?Utf-8?B?TWVsaXNzYQ==?=,

Are you saying that you use UK too and the date displayed for your Comments
are dd/mm/yyyy?
I'm just wondering if mm/dd/yyyy is the default used by Microsoft and that
can't be changed...

FWIW, I have my system set with UK at in BOTH halves of this dialog box
(language AND location). The comments on my machine (Office 2003, SP1 & WinXP
SP1) all display dd/mm/yyyy.

I don't see which version of Word you have in any of the messages in this
thread? (It would have to be 2002 or 2003...)

I note, as well, that it makes no difference with which language the text is
formatted. I believe this is controlled at the Windows level.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Old January 27th 06, 03:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Cindy,
I am using Windows XP Professional and Word 2003.
This is what I've done since your post:
1. Regional Settings in Control Panel: Standards and Formats = English (UK)
2. Location = UK
3. Languages tab Details button: Default input language = English (UK)
4. Clicked OK to go back to previous window - Advanced tab: Language for
non-Unicode programs = English (UK)

I changed everything I see to UK. I even restarted my PC. When I launched
my doc, the comments are still displayed in mm/dd/yyyy. I even created a new
document to test and the results are mm/dd/yyyy.

What else can I do? WHat info can I provide?

Hi =?Utf-8?B?TWVsaXNzYQ==?=,