Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hlp1010 Hlp1010 is offline

Default Aligning page numbers on TOC

I'm trying to align the page numbers on my TOC. At first, the page numbers
was aligning correclty, but when it turned to 2 digits (11, 12, 13...), it's
not aligned anymore. It's one digit off. And I think it'll do the same when
it turns 3 digits. For example, it looks like this:

Section 1 INTRO..............1
1.1 ABC.........2
1.2 ABC.........8
Section 2 BODY...............9
2.1 ABC.........10
2.2 ABC.........11

But I'd like it to look like this:

Section 1 INTRO..............1
1.1 ABC.........2
1.2 ABC.........8
Section 2 BODY...............9
2.1 ABC.......10
2.2 ABC.......11

So the page numbers on section 2.1 and 2.2 will looked aligned. I think
it's a setting, but I cannot figure out where to change the setting. Would
anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are generating the TOC automatically (see
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html), you'll automatically
get a right-aligned tab stop at the right margin with a period leader. If
you're creating the TOC manually, you need to insert this tab manually
(Format | Tabs).

news