Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
slflynn1 slflynn1 is offline

Default Keep Rows Together in Word 2007 Table

Has anyone figured out how to make a row behave (and stay on the same page as
the following row) as the Keep-with-Next paragraph function used to do in
Word 2003 table rows?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This works the same as in previous versions of Word. Apply the "Keep with
next" attribute to the relevant row(s). Be sure to also clear the "Allow row
to break across pages" option on the Row tab of the Table Properties dialog
box.

Of course, it won't work if the rows of the table don't fit on a single
page.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"slflynn1" wrote in message
Has anyone figured out how to make a row behave (and stay on the same page
as
the following row) as the Keep-with-Next paragraph function used to do in
Word 2003 table rows?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
slflynn1[_2_] slflynn1[_2_] is offline

Thanks, either Word doesn't like some of the cells being merged, or perhaps,
my table is corrupt. The keep-with-next does work on a new table, but not
the one I need fixed.

Thanks for the reply. At least that told me that the keep-with-next feature
should work.

Sharon

"slflynn1" wrote in message
Has anyone figured out how to make a row behave (and stay on the same
page as
the following row) as the Keep-with-Next paragraph function used to do in
Word 2003 table rows?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If the table is corrupt, converting it to text and then back to a table may
work.

For more on corruption, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--