Lauren

Default How do i edit footnote spacing /carriage returns in word?

hi, in a word document with many numbered footnotes, Word automatically will
insert a carriage return between random footnotes- for example, there will be
no blank lines between footnotes 1-4, but then one between 4 and 5, and then
none between 5-9 and then one again between 9-10. How do i fix this so that
there are no blank spaces or carriage returns?
Daiya Mitchell

First, turn on show/hide so that the paragraph marks (what you call carriage
returns) show up as ¶. Click ¶ on the standard toolbar.

Then, do you see paragraph marks creating these blank lines? You might have
to put your cursor after them and backspace them away--sometimes Word will
not let you select and delete paragraph marks in footnotes.

If you don't see paragraph marks creating the blank lines, post back.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/