Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

Default spell check office 2007

I'm haing a problem and not finiding any answers that work.
I have upgraded to office 2007 enterprise and it seems that spell check for
word, outlook, etc. has disapeared. I have checked all the options for
proofing out, going through each step and nothing at all. has any one else
had a problem like this? or maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot some place?

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times.. no luck. I have
compaired all setting to my home machine, and both are identical... I'm lost.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Sean,

Can you be more specific please on what you mean by 'disappeared'?

If you have a Word document open and you right click on the status bar on the bottom of the screen is the choice for displaying
"Spelling and Grammar Check" marked?
Is the the Proofing group in the Review tab active?

===============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B B is offline

Hi Bob, I am having the same problem as Sean and the answer to your question
is yes, the spell check icon is at the bottom of the document and upon right
clicking the bottom status bar it is checked. Any idea what is going on? I
think I have everything else set up correctly...

Thanks,

"Sean" wrote in message ...
I'm haing a problem and not finiding any answers that work.
I have upgraded to office 2007 enterprise and it seems that spell check for
word, outlook, etc. has disapeared. I have checked all the options for
proofing out, going through each step and nothing at all. has any one else
had a problem like this? or maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot some place?

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times.. no luck. I have
compaired all setting to my home machine, and both are identical... I'm lost.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

If you go into Office button menu, Word Options, Proofing, is spell
check activated there?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

:

"Sean" wrote in message ...
I'm haing a problem and not finiding any answers that work.
I have upgraded to office 2007 enterprise and it seems that spell check for
word, outlook, etc. has disapeared. I have checked all the options for
proofing out, going through each step and nothing at all. has any one else
had a problem like this? or maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot some place?

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times.. no luck. I have
compaired all setting to my home machine, and both are identical... I'm lost.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B B is offline

Yes it would seem all of the correct boxes are checked. I have spent 15 hours
making sure of this in a frustrated frenzy this weekend. Thanks for the
response.

:

"Sean" wrote in message ...
I'm haing a problem and not finiding any answers that work.
I have upgraded to office 2007 enterprise and it seems that spell check for
word, outlook, etc. has disapeared. I have checked all the options for
proofing out, going through each step and nothing at all. has any one else
had a problem like this? or maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot some place?

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times.. no luck. I have
compaired all setting to my home machine, and both are identical... I'm lost.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Can you check again whether spell check is working or not?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

:

:

"Sean" wrote in message ...
I'm haing a problem and not finiding any answers that work.
I have upgraded to office 2007 enterprise and it seems that spell check for
word, outlook, etc. has disapeared. I have checked all the options for
proofing out, going through each step and nothing at all. has any one else
had a problem like this? or maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot some place?

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times.. no luck. I have
compaired all setting to my home machine, and both are identical... I'm lost.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B B is offline

It does not work. I am pretty tech savvy and I even had some engineering
friends look at it and we are all stumped. I have a feeling whatever the
solution is, it won't be as easy as clicking the obvious boxes.

:

:

"Sean" wrote in message ...
I'm haing a problem and not finiding any answers that work.
I have upgraded to office 2007 enterprise and it seems that spell check for
word, outlook, etc. has disapeared. I have checked all the options for
proofing out, going through each step and nothing at all. has any one else
had a problem like this? or maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot some place?

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times.. no luck. I have
compaired all setting to my home machine, and both are identical... I'm lost.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Is the Office menu button blinking?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
http://pschmid.net
***