Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robertw Robertw is offline

Default Filling in forms automatically

I am trying to create a form that has a list box populated with a number of
Parts I would like the form to fill in the price of the part in a text form
field when a certain part number is selected, I only have 5 parts to select
from. I thought I could use an IFTHEN statement but it appears that this is
only able to be used if I had only 2 parts to select from. Any ideas???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can use conditional fields to process any number of different results eg

{IF {Dropdown1} = "Widget" "$10.00"}{IF {Dropdown1} = "Gubbins" "$12.00"}{IF
{Dropdown1} = "Thingummy" "$20.00"} etc
Insert the fields using CTRL+F9 for each field boundary pair and put no
spaces between the fields.