Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kamlesh Kamlesh is offline

Default MS Word getting closed automatically

On My PC, When I open this DOC file, it shows for few seconds and then MS
Word gets automatically closed. It does not report any error too. Does
anyone know how I can fix this problem?

The same document is working fine on other computers.
Also, I do not face this problem with other DOC files on my PC.

I am using MS Word 2003.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kamlesh" wrote in message
On My PC, When I open this DOC file, it shows for few seconds and then MS
Word gets automatically closed. It does not report any error too. Does
anyone know how I can fix this problem?

The same document is working fine on other computers.
Also, I do not face this problem with other DOC files on my PC.

I am using MS Word 2003.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kamlesh Kamlesh is offline

Thanks for the link Stefan.

But my MS Word is not getting closed due to any crash.
I do not get any crash message. It just closes automatically without giving
any error report.

I tried the winword.exe /a option from your link, but it didn't help me.

Regards,
Kamlesh

"Kamlesh" wrote in message
On My PC, When I open this DOC file, it shows for few seconds and then MS
Word gets automatically closed. It does not report any error too. Does
anyone know how I can fix this problem?

The same document is working fine on other computers.
Also, I do not face this problem with other DOC files on my PC.

I am using MS Word 2003.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

An unscheduled closure *is* a crash. See
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm Repair Office, then
if still necessary, attend to *all* the trouble shooting tips.