Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rescueme Rescueme is offline

Default Table of Contents Function acting up

I am working in Word 2003 and have a document with a TOC created based on
styles. When I save the document to my hard-drive everything is perfect. When
I send it in an e-mail all the page numbers in the TOC shows as pg 2 in my
sent items file. If I update the TOC and save it while it is in the e-mail it
looks OK again but once I forward it off any where it reverts back to the
pg.2 view for everything.
The changes I would attribute to it being in a temporary location (ie. temp
file). Is there a way around this as I am having to e-mail the document back
and forth.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is most likely caused by opening the document directly from the
attachment and having Reading Layout view enabled. This is known to mess up
the TOC. Either save the document to the HD and open it from there, disable
Reading Layout view (Tools | Options | General), or resign yourself to
updating the TOC every time you open the doc and switch to Print Layout
view.