Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ridge Kennedy

Default Style Names

I first learned about styles around the Word 3.0 days, was sidetracked in
WorkPerfectLand during the early Office times. In those olden times, you
pretty much made up any style names -- keep them logical and so on. Now
that Word has "built-in" style names, is it best practice to stick with the
built-in names, or otherwise?

For example. I have a news release template. Currently I have style names
such as:

NR Headline
NR Subhead
NR Text
NR Contact
etc.

Should I have used
Heading 1
Heading 2
Normal
etc.

I like the logic of recognizable names, but I'd like to know what the
experts do.

Sincerely,

Ridge