Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sandi Vogel Sandi Vogel is offline

Default Manual feed command in template being reset

I have a template that is set up to print manual feed via the File, Page
Setup, Paper tab: First Page: Manual feed, Other pages: automatically select.
This works as expected on HP 5 - 4000 printers (I believe so, but haven't
test ALL printers). However, if the default printer is set to HP 4250TN,
then the Page Setup gets reverted to automatically selected both the first
and subsequent pages. [So, it's not that the manaul feed command is being
ignored -- it's actually being changed in the File Page Set up tabl]

We reverted to an older driver, and while it resolved this issue, it created
an even more irritating one where the kerning was being increased so
documents didn't look as they were intended.

Has anybody experienced this? Thanks in advance for your help.
Sandi