Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default When I MailMerge Excel into Word...

Has this just stopped working?

If so, can you go back to a previous version of your Excel sheet?

If not, can you experiment by creating a very simple Excel spreadsheet (say,
with 2 columns, one row containing headers and two rows of data) and using
that as the data source for a merge? If you can get that to work, it
suggests that there may be something wrong with your Excel sheet: if it is
simple enough to export as .csv format and re-import into a new sheet, try
that. Otherwise you may have to recreate the sheet from scratch or fiind
another way to merge the data.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"STEVE" wrote in message
I get an error: "can't open data source".
I have Office 97, did the SR2 update.
Any suggestions please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Hey Peter,
How do I get to a previous version?
(I will do test you suggest)
Thanks for responding

"STEVE" wrote in message
I get an error: "can't open data source".
I have Office 97, did the SR2 update.
Any suggestions please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How do I get to a previous version?

Only possible if you had a backup, which does not appear to be the case!

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"STEVE" wrote in message
I get an error: "can't open data source".
I have Office 97, did the SR2 update.
Any suggestions please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

This is the first time I am trying to do a mailmerge since the Hard drive
crashed. Reinstalled Office 97. Restored backup documents that were created
w/ 97.
(however, I updated excel to a more current version)

"STEVE" wrote in message
I get an error: "can't open data source".
I have Office 97, did the SR2 update.
Any suggestions please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

SO what happened when you did the experiment?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"STEVE" wrote in message
I get an error: "can't open data source".
I have Office 97, did the SR2 update.
Any suggestions please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Now, suddenly, I can't open an Excel document.
I says: "Windows can't find it"

"STEVE" wrote in message
I get an error: "can't open data source".
I have Office 97, did the SR2 update.
Any suggestions please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Peter,
Also put data into a new worksheet......Windows can't find it either.
I can, however still open it when clicking on file, open.
But when I click on the doc to open it, Windows can't find it.

"STEVE" wrote in message
I get an error: "can't open data source".
I have Office 97, did the SR2 update.
Any suggestions please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Word and Excel are both 97.
This started after hard drive crashed. Got a new one, loaded Office 97 CD,
updates.
Word and Excel docs are from a backup made with same Office 97.

"STEVE" wrote in message
I get an error: "can't open data source".
I have Office 97, did the SR2 update.
Any suggestions please?

DDE mailmerge between Word and Excel jpccol Microsoft Word Help 2 February 9th 07 03:42 PM
excel--to-excel linked cells not updated in word mailmerge gijski Mailmerge 2 January 5th 07 08:00 AM
mailmerge using Word/Excel 500.00 in Excel shows as 500 nt 500.00 Switchengine Mailmerge 1 January 29th 06 07:53 PM
Word/Excel Mailmerge Karen Mailmerge 1 January 23rd 06 08:58 PM
mailmerge from excel into word siddharth shanghvi Mailmerge 1 January 23rd 06 08:03 PM