Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Musicinme Musicinme is offline

Default How to stop new slo-mo speed of F&Replace window

Just today, when working in Word (Office XP Small Bus 2002/Vista), every time
the Find & Replace window opens (either via Toolbar or Alt-E), it goes
through a new slow-motion opening sequence. It comes up from the bottom
right corner of the screen and slowly moves to the center of the document.
Same thing on closing F&R and I can't perform any other Word functions until
it's closed. Minor but how did this start happening and how can I make it
stop - it's really driving me nuts!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Repair Office from the original installation disc then before starting Word
again - see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Musicinme wrote:
Just today, when working in Word (Office XP Small Bus 2002/Vista),
every time the Find & Replace window opens (either via Toolbar or
Alt-E), it goes through a new slow-motion opening sequence. It comes
up from the bottom right corner of the screen and slowly moves to the
center of the document. Same thing on closing F&R and I can't perform
any other Word functions until it's closed. Minor but how did this
start happening and how can I make it stop - it's really driving me
nuts!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There's an Options settings that may affect this, and based on experiment, I
would guess that it's Tools | Options | General: "Provide feedback with
animation." If I check that box, my Find dialog does slide in from the
bottom (though it's pretty fast).

"Musicinme" wrote in message
Just today, when working in Word (Office XP Small Bus 2002/Vista), every

time
the Find & Replace window opens (either via Toolbar or Alt-E), it goes
through a new slow-motion opening sequence. It comes up from the bottom
right corner of the screen and slowly moves to the center of the document.
Same thing on closing F&R and I can't perform any other Word functions

until
it's closed. Minor but how did this start happening and how can I make it
stop - it's really driving me nuts!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Musicinme Musicinme is offline

Graham, Suzanne,

Thanks a million. I did the quick fix Suzanne suggested - which worked -
and am going through Graham's process too just to be safe. Greatly
appreciate your time an advice.