Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
T. Adams T. Adams is offline

Default Table Formatting

MS Word 2003. I am using tables to set up a form. In the fields of some of
the tables I inserted a Text Form Field (from the Forms toolbar), so users
can input certain information. I locked the form. However, when users enter
too much information the table expands vertically, subsquently pushing the
data to another page. How can I stop this. I set the vertical height of the
table to an "exact" height, but it continues to move vertically with the
input of text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

As well as fixing the table row heights to an exact measurement, you should
set the Text Form Fields for a limited number of characters. Once you have
set the Row height, enter a Form Field and fill it with 8888s or BBBBs until
it is full counting the characters as you go. When it has reached the
maximum size for the table cell, you know the character limit to set the FF.
Right-click the FF and set up the limits.
Do that for each FF as required.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Table Formatting CJ Page Layout 1 January 2nd 08 04:57 PM
Table Formatting sturner333 Microsoft Word Help 0 November 8th 07 04:28 PM
Formatting Table Splits Table spartan76_98 Tables 4 August 15th 07 11:51 AM
Formatting a Table mattie Tables 3 July 13th 05 10:55 PM
Formatting within a table MH Tables 2 March 21st 05 05:27 PM