Maehdros

Default 3" x 5" index card template setup

How do I setup up in word to be able to write recipes an print them out on a
3" x 5" index card and have it print out correctly?

The essential factor here is that your printer be able to print this paper
size. If it cannot, then you won't be able to print it by any method. If it
can print the size but doesn't have a definition for it (unlikely), then
you'll have to set the card up on some other size that is defined, adjusting
the margins (and feeding the card) accordingly. If the printer can't handle
this size, then you can get Avery cardstock (or the equivalent) that has
several (preperfed) 3" x 5" cards on a sheet of Letter-sized stock.

"Maehdros" wrote in message
news
How do I setup up in word to be able to write recipes an print them out

on a
3" x 5" index card and have it print out correctly?

Maehdros

It can do the 3" x 5" index cards but the problem I get is that it doesn't
print the correct way, no matter if I do landscaping and or text direction it
still prints it as if it were set upright (longways fed) into the printer...
Thank you for your information thus far, it's appreciated

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The essential factor here is that your printer be able to print this paper
size. If it cannot, then you won't be able to print it by any method. If it
can print the size but doesn't have a definition for it (unlikely), then
you'll have to set the card up on some other size that is defined, adjusting
the margins (and feeding the card) accordingly. If the printer can't handle
this size, then you can get Avery cardstock (or the equivalent) that has
several (preperfed) 3" x 5" cards on a sheet of Letter-sized stock.

"Maehdros" wrote in message
news
How do I setup up in word to be able to write recipes an print them out

on a
3" x 5" index card and have it print out correctly?

If the card is fed crosswise, set the orientation to Portrait with 3" height
and 5" width. If is fed lengthwise, set it to Landscape with the same
dimensions.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The essential factor here is that your printer be able to print this

paper
size. If it cannot, then you won't be able to print it by any method. If

it
can print the size but doesn't have a definition for it (unlikely), then
you'll have to set the card up on some other size that is defined,

adjusting
the margins (and feeding the card) accordingly. If the printer can't

handle
this size, then you can get Avery cardstock (or the equivalent) that has
several (preperfed) 3" x 5" cards on a sheet of Letter-sized stock.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Maehdros" wrote in message
news
How do I setup up in word to be able to write recipes an print them

out
on a
3" x 5" index card and have it print out correctly?

Maehdros

That did the trick.. Feel stupid for not realizing that.. Thank you much for
your help

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The essential factor here is that your printer be able to print this

paper
size. If it cannot, then you won't be able to print it by any method. If

it
can print the size but doesn't have a definition for it (unlikely), then
you'll have to set the card up on some other size that is defined,

adjusting
the margins (and feeding the card) accordingly. If the printer can't

handle
this size, then you can get Avery cardstock (or the equivalent) that has
several (preperfed) 3" x 5" cards on a sheet of Letter-sized stock.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Maehdros" wrote in message
news How do I setup up in word to be able to write recipes an print them

out
on a
3" x 5" index card and have it print out correctly?

Word assumes that Portrait means height greater than width and the reverse
for Landscape, and of course we humans do the same; it's quite natural. But
you have to think outside the box when you have a printer that makes you
feed "landscape" documents in a "portrait" orientation.

"Maehdros" wrote in message
news How do I setup up in word to be able to write recipes an print

them
out
on a
3" x 5" index card and have it print out correctly?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: 3" x 5" index card template setup

Here are the steps to set up a 3" x 5" index card template in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open Microsoft Word and click on the "File" tab in the top left corner.
  2. Click on "New" to create a new document.
  3. In the search bar, type "index card" and press enter.
  4. Select the "Index cards (3x5 in.)" option from the list of templates.
  5. A new document will open with the index card template already set up for you.

Now, to write your recipe and print it out on the index card:
  1. Click on the first line of the index card template and start typing your recipe.
  2. Continue typing until your recipe is complete.
  3. When you're ready to print, make sure your printer is set up to print on 3" x 5" index cards. You can usually adjust this in the printer settings.
  4. Click on the "File" tab and select "Print".
  5. In the print settings, make sure the correct printer is selected and that the paper size is set to 3" x 5".
  6. Click "Print" and your recipe should print out correctly on the index card.

That's it! You should now have a perfectly formatted 3" x 5" index card template in Microsoft Word that you can use to write and print out your recipes. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.