Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar

Default copy & transfer list of auto correct entries

I have registered a long list of auto corrects in my laptop and now would
like to transfer them to another computer. Is it possible?
Home: Laptop Windows 98 word 2000
Office: DEsktop Windows 2000 word 2000
I can't connect laptop to desktop directly and I have to transfer through a
floppy disk or flash memory.
--

Very Sincerely Yours

Rasoul Khoshravan Azar

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 00:54:43 +0330, "Rasoul Khoshravan Azar"
wrote:

I have registered a long list of auto corrects in my laptop and now would
like to transfer them to another computer. Is it possible?
Home: Laptop Windows 98 word 2000
Office: DEsktop Windows 2000 word 2000
I can't connect laptop to desktop directly and I have to transfer through a
floppy disk or flash memory.

Yes, visit
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...utocorrect.htm.
Download the zip file from the link in the article, and extract
AutoCorrect.dot into the User Templates folder on each computer.

On the laptop, start Word, select File New, and choose the
AutoCorrect.dot template. Click the Start button on the floating
toolbar and click the Backup button in the dialog that appears. Save
the resulting document to the hard drive (NOT to a removable drive).

Use Windows Explorer to copy the document onto the floppy or flash
drive. Carry the floppy or flash drive to the desktop. Use Windows
Explorer to copy the document onto the hard drive there.

On the desktop, start Word, select File New, and choose the
AutoCorrect.dot template. Click the Start button on the floating
toolbar and click the Restore button in the dialog that appears.
Choose the document that contains the entries.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman