Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cueless

Default Open document where I left off.

How do I save a document so that it opens where I left off, not at the
beginning. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Press Shift+F5 on opening.

"Cueless" wrote in message
How do I save a document so that it opens where I left off, not at the
beginning. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cueless

Thanks for the reply. It works, but for some reason I have to actually save
before I close, not save at the prompt. Do you know why this happens? I am
very forgetful about saving as I go. (kinda like my bank account) Thanks
again.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Press Shift+F5 on opening.

so
all may benefit.

"Cueless" wrote in message
How do I save a document so that it opens where I left off, not at the
beginning. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

No clue. I save early and often. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm

"Cueless" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply. It works, but for some reason I have to actually

save
before I close, not save at the prompt. Do you know why this happens? I am
very forgetful about saving as I go. (kinda like my bank account) Thanks
again.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Press Shift+F5 on opening.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Cueless" wrote in message
How do I save a document so that it opens where I left off, not at the
beginning. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cueless

Yeah, I've got the right settings. From what I've been reading, it may be
due to the fact that I've got an older version of Office. Thanks for your
help.

"Cueless" wrote in message
How do I save a document so that it opens where I left off, not at the
beginning. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Depending on which version that is, you might need the fix shown at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/GoBackFix.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Cueless" wrote in message
How do I save a document so that it opens where I left off, not at the
beginning. Thank you.

Add Open Document support to Office 2003 (Possibly through an SP) Ryan Microsoft Word Help 6 November 4th 05 05:46 AM
Is there any add-on for Open Document Text file ? Jason New Users 2 October 29th 05 09:39 PM
Word 2003 cannot open Word 2003 document MobileGator Microsoft Word Help 5 August 30th 05 09:36 PM
Open document Jeff New Users 6 July 6th 05 12:20 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM