Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
ChrisK

Default Repeat Logo in Footer

Hey All

I'm working on a series of long docs and one of my desires is to have a
logo in place on the title page of each document, with links throughout
to something like 30 footer sections (guessing I can have this many at
this stage!)

I am currently bookmarking my image, inserting a reference,
cross-reference field in footer and reducing the image size to 30% once
it's in there. While I seem to be able to do this ok with text based on
Styles from the title page, I appear to lose my resized image once I'm
done.

Any ideas? I'll be owing someone a beer!

C.

--
ChrisK
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Insert a second copy of the image and manipulate it, rather than use a cross
reference.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ChrisK" wrote in message

Hey All

I'm working on a series of long docs and one of my desires is to have a
logo in place on the title page of each document, with links throughout
to something like 30 footer sections (guessing I can have this many at
this stage!)

I am currently bookmarking my image, inserting a reference,
cross-reference field in footer and reducing the image size to 30% once
it's in there. While I seem to be able to do this ok with text based on
Styles from the title page, I appear to lose my resized image once I'm
done.

Any ideas? I'll be owing someone a beer!

C.

--
ChrisK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
ChrisK

Hi Doug

Thanks, that worked quite well and I was then able to reference the
resized image from subsequent footers. Trouble is, I can't seem to
replace this image easily without the bookmark reference also
disappearing. My intent is to have the graphic inserted only once
(footer only) or twice (body and first footer only) and then refernce
it so if it ever changes there is less work. This is across a whole
series of documents.

Any further suggestions that come to mind?

"ChrisK" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Chris

ChrisK wrote:
[..]
My intent is to have the graphic inserted only once
(footer only) or twice (body and first footer only) and then refernce
it so if it ever changes there is less work. This is across a whole
series of documents.

Any further suggestions that come to mind?

AUTOTEXT-field?

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I would use an IncludePicture field where ever you want the picture to
appear with that field referencing a file containing the picture. If you
want to change the picture, you just replace that file with another one
containing the new picture and the same filename as the original one.