Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ali ali is offline

Default My froms need to include calculations

HI!
I have developed some forms that need to have automatic calculations in
parts of the forms. I know how to do it in Excell but the options in Word
look limited. How can I include a table with formulas in my form similar to
Excel? Any assistance is appreciated.
--
Thanks
Ali
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can make use of text form fields of the "Calculation" type to perform
calculations in a protected form.

To set the type of a text form field: Unprotect the form, and then
double-click the form field to display the Text form Field Options dialog
box. Under "Type," choose "Calculation."

Don't forget to also check the "Calculate on exit" option for the fields.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ali" wrote in message
HI!
I have developed some forms that need to have automatic calculations in
parts of the forms. I know how to do it in Excell but the options in Word
look limited. How can I include a table with formulas in my form similar
Excel? Any assistance is appreciated.
--
Thanks
Ali

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ali ali is offline

Thanks fo r the info. In Excel all cells have their address that helps
compiling the formula. This is not the case in MS WORD. HJow can I access the
formulas when I am in Word?
--
Thanks
Ali

"Ali" wrote in message
HI!
I have developed some forms that need to have automatic calculations in
parts of the forms. I know how to do it in Excell but the options in Word
look limited. How can I include a table with formulas in my form similar
Excel? Any assistance is appreciated.
--
Thanks
Ali

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can use cell addresses in Word tables too. If you find it difficult to
keep track of the cell addresses, take a look at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ali" wrote in message
HI!
I have developed some forms that need to have automatic calculations in
parts of the forms. I know how to do it in Excell but the options in
Word
look limited. How can I include a table with formulas in my form
similar
Excel? Any assistance is appreciated.
--
Thanks
Ali

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are using form fields, then each such field has a bookmark name. You
can also calculate the 'boomarks' using a formula field

eg
{=({Text1} + {Text2})}

calculations tphillips Tables 6 October 25th 07 06:10 PM
Merge Froms lj Mailmerge 1 August 9th 06 09:52 PM
Calculations in a mergefield. [email protected] Mailmerge 14 March 3rd 06 08:36 PM
Calculations LindaCoedy Tables 1 November 30th 05 09:16 AM
calculations in a table Jacqueline Tables 1 April 25th 05 05:23 PM